[bisq-network/bitcoinj] jdk8 vs jdk 10 (#17)
notifications at github.com
Fri Dec 28 03:57:56 UTC 2018
Here are the news:
- Remove the windows hack and so the need to use sun.* (ie cherry pick what was done on bitcoinj master upstream).
- I tested that and it fails. I get:
java.io.IOException: Failed to delete chain file in preparation for restore.
- Apparently the windows hack is still needed. I wrote a unit test to prove the windows hack is still needed and posted a comment on the upstream issue https://github.com/bitcoinj/bitcoinj/issues/1477#issuecomment-450274821
- use openjdk10 for bitcoinj
- I tried it and I found a lot of problems and had to make several "hacks" to make it work...
- target 1.6 conflicted with code added to bitcoinj by bisq.
- PeerAddress uses InetSocketAddress.getHostString() which is anotated as @since 1.7.
- I don't know why this works when building using oraclejdk8.
- I had to update core/pom.xml and update maven-compiler-plugin source and target to 1.7
- intellij can not find most or all javafx.* packages so it does not compile
- I deleted wallettemplate project
- maven javadoc plugin fails, so I can not build the jar
- Error fetching URL: http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git-history/release/javadoc/
- core/pom.xml : I had to remove the reference to http://docs.guava-libraries.googlecode.com/git-history/release/javadoc/
- Then I moved to WindowsMMapHack
- I tried to add a copy of the sun.* classes to bitcoinj: I got an error on intellij telling me I can not add sun.* classes because they were part of the java.base module.
- So I decided to update WindowsMMapHack instead: `jdk.internal.ref.Cleaner cleaner = ((sun.nio.ch.DirectBuffer) buffer).cleaner();`
- It compiles using maven and does not shows red marks on intellij.
- But building the project on intellij still fails... it complains it can not find jdk.internal.ref nor sun.nio.ch on the build log.
- Since I could build it with maven, I moved on.
- I tried that with bisq and I get the same error I used to get before the fix: OverlappingFileLockException
What to do next?
- Find out the exact classes that openjdk10 uses in WindowsMMapHack and try to tune it to make it work.
- Wait for responses to https://github.com/bitcoinj/bitcoinj/issues/1477#issuecomment-450274821
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github