[bisq-network/bisq] Envelope of envelopes (#2939)
notifications at github.com
Sat Jul 6 12:39:38 UTC 2019
Seeing an oszillating pattern of broadcast message numbers in [monitoring](https://monitor.bisq.network/d/wTDl6T_iz/p2p-stats?refresh=30s&orgId=1), @ManfredKarrer and I suspected that the pattern might be caused by the DoS protection mechanisms in place.
This PR introduces a new message that containing a number of existing messages. The hopes are:
- less connection setup overhead on the network level leading to less network load and hopefully better performance
- not to spread the bursts of e.g. RefreshOffer messages over a long time
In case this change has a bad effect on network stability (although we do not believe it is going to) we can simply remove the newly created `Capability` in a future release and thus, quickly get rid of the feature.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Added EnvelopeOfEnvelopes Network Message
* Sketch of businesslogic regarding EnvelopeOfEnvelopes
* Use EnvelopeOfEnvelopes message type
* Split on resulting message size
* Still maintain DoS protection
-- File Changes --
M common/src/main/java/bisq/common/app/Capability.java (3)
M common/src/main/proto/pb.proto (6)
M core/src/main/java/bisq/core/proto/network/CoreNetworkProtoResolver.java (4)
M core/src/main/java/bisq/core/setup/CoreNetworkCapabilities.java (1)
A p2p/src/main/java/bisq/network/p2p/EnvelopeOfEnvelopes.java (83)
M p2p/src/main/java/bisq/network/p2p/network/Connection.java (71)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github