[bisq-network/compensation] For Cycle 3 (#315)
notifications at github.com
Tue Jul 9 14:55:39 UTC 2019
- BSQ requested: 1,840
## Contributions delivered
### Translations (960 BSQ)
Completed the full review of the Russian translation of the Bisq application. As expected, the translation contained many linguistic issues (grammar and punctuation), numerous inconsistencies (button names translated in one way, but another translation is used when they are mentioned elswhere in the app) as well as functional errors (missing or edited variables) and mistranslations. As can be seen from the screenshot below, I had to edit 50% (over 8,000 words) of the total wordcount. The report can also be accessed here: https://www.transifex.com/bisq/bisq-desktop/translate/#ru/displaystringsproperties/110522296?q=translator%3Ay3v63n+translated_after%3A2019-06-10
![Opera Снимок_2019-07-09_163606_www transifex com](https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/39760876/60895760-dcbcb380-a26d-11e9-9921-f11e899a66ca.png)
I started to compile the full [review report](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1Y_YygGQzuQP4iMf3I7w66nUlCnP9Px0B_3XXITupB_0/edit#gid=1642854992) where I plan to log every issue.
In addition to fixing the textual issues, I also checked the translations in the software (those that I knew how to find in the app). There were several visual issues where the translation was correct per se, but it was overlapping or truncated.
Those were fixed as well.
### Other tasks (880 BSQ)
- Created the [Russian Style Guide](https://docs.google.com/document/d/10ihD-MianDfI6knq5qCkqZKmOzu-TZqs/edit#) that lays the foundation on how to approach Bisq translation and can be used as a model for creating specific translation guidelines for other languages.
- Maintained [Bisq Query Tracker](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4JMLrcRtSWkxfh9jG7AXkfdgdkEYwgttGgly-ercXc/edit#gid=0) to help all translators leave/discuss questions/queries arising in the process of translation.
- Had three calls with @arunasurya and to discuss matters related to Transifex translations and taking over the role of Transifex Admin from her while she is absent.
- Took part in the [second translator call](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1TG-_ISj2w&list=PLFH5SztL5cYPPMIBM22SbqrJ01AXTeVY_&index=2).
- Maintained the [Bisq Glossary](https://www.transifex.com/bisq/bisq-desktop/glossary/ru/?page=1) in Transifex.
## Roles performed: Transifex Admin
- Did Transifex-specific work (updated settings, added new team members, communicated with translators, dealt with issues, etc).
- Created the [monthly report](https://github.com/bisq-network/roles/issues/20#issuecomment-507166279).
@m52go helped to respond to translators' queries in the [Bisq Query Tracker](https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P4JMLrcRtSWkxfh9jG7AXkfdgdkEYwgttGgly-ercXc/edit#gid=0).
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github