[bisq-network/proposals] Bounty to translate Bisq software into Japanese (#104)
notifications at github.com
Wed Jul 24 10:49:42 UTC 2019
> _This is a Bisq Network proposal. Please familiarize yourself with the [submission and review process](https://docs.bisq.network/proposals.html)._
Following discussions with @arunasurya and @ripcurlx as well as [input](https://github.com/bisq-network/growth/issues/141) from other community members, I would like to propose a bounty to translate the Bisq software into Japanese.
- Recently, the bisq's new JPY order book has been [launched](https://github.com/bisq-network/growth/issues/140).
- Though the current volumes are low, it was [pointed out](https://github.com/bisq-network/growth/issues/150#issuecomment-513795242) that the potential of Japan as a market for Bisq could be significant.
- It was also [noted](https://github.com/bisq-network/growth/issues/141#issuecomment-508505028) that the language barrier could constrain user adoption in Japan.
- The latter point could be supported by the fact that in the [English Profficiency Index](https://www.ef.co.th/__/~/media/centralefcom/epi/downloads/full-reports/v8/ef-epi-2018-english.pdf), Japan holds 49th position with Low Proficiency.
- There's little info about impact of software localization with specific figures due to sensitivity of this information, however my personal experience in localization and some [other sources](https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/4d7umm/we_sold_25000_copies_on_steam_in_12_languages/) suggest that Japanese translation pays off well.
- Translation: 15,589 untranslated words at 0.07 BSQ/w = 1,091.23 BSQ
- Review: 16,564 words at 0.035 BSQ/w = 579.74 BSQ
- Total: 1670,97 BSQ
It might seem pricey, but bear in mind that we apply our standard rates for all languages, which are on the lower end of the [average rates](https://search.proz.com/employers/rates) charged by freelance translators. Morevover, Japanese is one of the most expensive languages to translate to, so I believe that the proposed budget is very realistic for the organization and at the same time appealing to participants.
If this gets approved, I will create a separate issue with the full bounty information and instructions.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github