[bisq-network/proposals] Add bonus payment for seed nodes operators when node has 99.9% availibility (#102)
notifications at github.com
Fri Jul 26 21:55:13 UTC 2019
@mrosseel @ManfredKarrer I aggree on the down-time with both of you. However, and that is the big however, I do not see a way to create that good of a measurement for the following reasons:
- we do not have the tools in place to do that (see my previous post https://github.com/bisq-network/proposals/issues/102#issuecomment-511717285)
- I am not sure if we can provide that level of accuracy with other tools considering
> With seed nodes there's also the issue of working but not fully synced, slow, incorrect, etc.
- furthermore, in case we find a solution to provide a resolution of <2h in 31 days would be quite an effort to keep up, running and reliable
- such a system would most probably stress our seed nodes even more, only to get an accurate enough uptime metric
- 500-1000 BSQ is quite an amount. I sense a strong source of conflict as long as the metric deciding whether a seed node operator receives the bonus or not is not 100% bullet-proof and transparent
that is why I suggested smaller bonuses for even 95% uptime. Just to give the whole thing a gentle push in the right direction and without the need for the metric to be that accurate.
Maybe we need another metric? For example the time between an issue being reported until it is fixed? Or simply the response time of the operator? What if the operator cannot fix the issue because something is wrong with the Bisq software - in such a case, the operator does not receive a bonus because of Bisq and not because of him being unresponsive. That all only becomes a source of conflict when 500-1000 BSQ is at stake.
That is not an easy challenge to solve.
@ripcurlx I suggest this very topic for a future dev-call.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github