[bisq-network/bisq] Check if adding a Param causes problems (#2555)
notifications at github.com
Wed Mar 20 00:40:50 UTC 2019
It turned out that changing any field in the Param can break consensus.
* Name of the params must not change as that is used for serialisation in Protobuffer. The data fields are not part of
* the PB serialisation so changes for those would not change the hash for the dao state hash chain.
* Though changing the values might break consensus as the validations might return a different result (e.g. a param
* change proposal was accepted with older min/max values but then after a change it is not valid anymore and
* might break the consequences of that change. So in fact we MUST not change anything here, only way is to add new
* entries and don't use the deprecated enum in future releases anymore.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github