[bisq-network/compensation] For Cycle 13 (#550)
notifications at github.com
Wed Apr 22 15:04:22 UTC 2020
> _Specify the total amount of BSQ you are requesting:_
- BSQ requested: BSQ requested: 5475 USD / 0.56 = 9777 BSQ
Don't forget to make your compensation request in the actual Bisq DAO! See the following link for details:
## Contributions delivered
- Investigated issue (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/3918) and found sources of unnecessarily large resident memory use by JVM and Linux glibc. @freimair implmented first finding of that investigation which reduces the JVM's MAXRam setting from 128 GB to 4 GB in PR (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4048), and the change reduced resident memory use on a clean Bisq installation on Ubuntu18 from ~ 4.8GB to ~1.7 GB. Other tested ways of reducing resident memory usage by ~ 500MB are described in (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/3918), if needed in the future. Also added troubleshooting tips under the heading [Bisq is using too much RAM](https://bisq.wiki/Troubleshooting) on the bisq wiki.
Requesting 5,357 BSQ = 3,000 USD
- Improve AvoidStandyModeService -- PR (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4060)
This change reduced disk reads by ~ 50% according to @freimair , and about 1 GB of resident memory allocation per hour according to my testing and profiling. This was accomplished by running native suspend/sleep inhibitors on Linux and OXS, instead of playing the silent audio file.
Requesting 1,250 BSQ = 700 USD
- Reduce Dependency Conflicts -- Issue (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/4086)
This is a work in progress. PRs (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4089), (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4108) have been merged to eliminate dependency conflicts among grpc, gson, apache commons, apache httpclient/core, logback, and slf4j libraries.
Requesting 625 BSQ = 350 USD
- Begin gRPC daemon and cli development based on existing POC. The first merged PR (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4096) pulled protobuf definitions files out the :common and :core subprojects, into a new :proto subproject. This eliminated :cli's direct dependency on core, and transitive dependencie's within :common. It also reduces :common and :core incremental build times. The second merged PR (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4097) hid netty debug stacktraces in the :cli, and introduced other changes to tidy of :cli, in preparation for the next phase of development currently in progress (not delivered): implementing SSL/TLS and cli authentication; wallet encryption / decryption is next
Requesting 2143 BSQ = 1,200 USD
- Test release v1.3.2. Fixed issue [#4158](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/4158) in PR (https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/4161). The bug was causing a test failure, blocking full gradle builds. Also tested Funds Managenemt, Wallet Managment, and Application Setttings
Requesting 402 BSQ = 225 USD
## Contributions in progress
- :cli authentication, :cli wallet encryption / decryption
## Roles performed
> _Provide links to your [monthly report](https://github.com/bisq-network/proposals/issues/13) on any roles you are responsible for._
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github