[bisq-network/bisq] Enable lost payment accounts to be imported from backups (#5615)
notifications at github.com
Sun Jul 11 05:29:08 CEST 2021
See #5613. This feature depends on the bugfix included in #5614.
Some users lost their payment accounts when upgrading to v1.7.0. This temporary feature allows the payment accounts to be re-imported from the automatic backups.
If you had previously done an Export Accounts you do not need this feature; you can simply re-import that file.
Otherwise, this feature can be used as a last resort to import from Bisq's automatic backups. Caveat: only 10 rolling backups are kept so if you have restarted Bisq more than 10 times since losing your accounts in v1.7.0, the older backups containing the data have probably been replaced.
If you have done [backups of your data directory](https://bisq.wiki/Backing_up_application_data) before upgrading to v1.7.0 you can also restore the accounts from there in the same way as described below, just select the appropriate path within your backup when prompted.
- go to Account -> National Currency Accounts -> Import Accounts
- In the file picker, navigate to the directory location of your Bisq periodic backups (see [Backups Location](backups-location) below) and pick a file to import. The file will have a name like `1625921084736_UserPayload`. Choose one with a recent date from before you upgraded to v1.7.0. The ones with larger file size will most likely contain your lost accounts.
- Click on `Open` and it will tell you the accounts which were imported, as follows. If you already have the accounts in Bisq it will not import them twice, as each account has a unique identifier. If no accounts were imported it will say so.
### Backups Location
- (Windows) : `C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bisq\btc_mainnet\db\backup\backups_UserPayload`
- (Mac) : `/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Bisq/btc_mainnet/db/backup/backups_UserPayload`
- (Linux) : `/home/<username>/.local/share/Bisq/btc_mainnet/db/backup/backups_UserPayload`
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:
-- Commit Summary --
* Enable lost payment accounts to be imported from backups
-- File Changes --
M desktop/src/main/java/bisq/desktop/util/GUIUtil.java (36)
-- Patch Links --
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github