[bisq-network/roles] Payment Method Maintainer (#38)
notifications at github.com
Mon Jun 7 02:42:22 CEST 2021
# Cycle 25 Report
I took a bit of time off this cycle from this role. So did not work as much as previous cycles. This is reflected in the compensation request for this role.
## New payment methods
I set the deadline for objections to be **31 May 2021** for the proposed 23 new payment methods. No objections were raised so I will get to work on them.
I chatted with the devs on Keybase about what is needed for adding the payment methods. It was agreed that dev compensation for would be ~$200 for adding a new payment method and ~$100 for including any updates. There are a few payment methods that might require higher compensation as they are will require some more coding to work as proposed.
@BtcContributor has already started on adding [Capitual](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/5501).
This has highlighted the need for text to be defined for all payment methods. Previously @m52go has done this so have started discussions with him to create a template for this.
I have also completed all the graphics required for all the proposed payment methods to make things easier for the devs to see how the new payment methods will look from a GUI perspective.
## Other work completed this cycle
Other work I have done includes the following:
- Recommended [changes to Uphold as a payment method](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/5493)
- Recommended [changing Western Union Payment Method to be Multi-Currency](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/5498)
- Recommended changes to [improve user experience once mediation has been accepted by both parties](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/5546)
- Made edits to [Dispute resolution wiki](https://bisq.wiki/Dispute_resolution#When_are_you_eligible_for_a_penalty.3F)
- Made edits to [Trading rules wiki](https://bisq.wiki/Trading_rules)
- Recommended to remove [Chase QuickPay as a payment method ](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/5547)
- Added to [trade protocol / wiki](https://bisq.wiki/Trading_rules#Leave_the_.22reason_for_payment.22_field_empty) about what happens in instances when trades are unable to make [blank payment references.
- Considered making a proposal to change SEPA and SEPA Instant to be payment methods that do no require signing. But decided against it. Commented [here](https://github.com/bisq-network/proposals/issues/322#issuecomment-841891333). Might be worth interested users commenting as it goes against the previous agreed consensus.
## Future tasks
These are some of the other things I am yet to action:
- Complete analysis of existing payment methods and can see some are under utilized. I would like to make sure this is not due to lack of understanding / marketing of the specific payment methods.
- Check changes and updates against the proposal I made to [Fix various 'account management' usability issues in the Bisq client to optimize for traders with multiple fiat and altcoin accounts ](https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/issues/4837)'
- [Agree what needs to be done with trade sizes for unsigned payment accounts](https://github.com/bisq-network/proposals/issues/322)
- Complete wiki's for all existing payment methods
- Complete wiki's for all new payment methods
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github