[bisq-network/bisq] Lost ~0.02159616 BTC during 0.01 BTC trade (#5661)
notifications at github.com
Sat Sep 18 21:39:35 CEST 2021
I've came across this issue once again (with new wallet) and it seems that issue is exactly with how Bisq selects addresses for offers.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Pick an address (I've picked Segwit one starting with bc1..... ) from offered by Bisq to fund them
2. Send BTC there from external wallet.
3. Wait until transaction is spotted by Bisq.
3. Without waiting for 1st confirmation try to accept someones offer.
- New or unused address is used for offer. Then I fund it and offer is accepted.
- Existing address, which awaits confirmation was picked, showing me that offer is already funded (with excess amount, for example I've transferred 0.2 BTC offer was for 0.12 BTC with all fees). After cancelling at a funding stage - balance is not recognized by Bisq anymore, i.e. I cannot accept other offer (Insufficient funds message from Bisq), while my balance displayed correctly.
This is definitely issue with function getOrGenerateAddress()
Currently I'm working it around by reusing already used addresses. In such case address will not be picked by Bisq to handle offer.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the bisq-github